The Federal Science and Technical College is one of the first nine (9) Federal Technical Colleges established in the year 1988 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. It is Scientifically and Technically inclined as part of Government policy to stimulate technological growth in the country. The name was changed to its present status in 2002. The college took off in 1991 with two trades:
The college took off in 1991 with two trades:
1. Electrical Installation and Maintenance
2. Carpentry and Joinery.
The college currently has the following Five (5) departments:
1. Science and Mathematics
5. Guidance and Counselling
1. Established in 1988.
2. Government approved & Fully boarding.
3. Core Educational School.
4. Well equipped Laboratories and Workshops.
5. Focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics).
6. Focus on Entrepreneurship and Industrialization.
7. Affinity for Sports, Cultural & Religious Training.
8. Foreign and Local Excursions.
9. Impressive results in NABTEB, WAEC, NECO & JAMB exams.
10. Discipline as a core value.
11. Skills and Talent Development.
12. Secured environment, highly effective & skilled security personnel.